Exclusion includes both expulsions and out-of-school suspensions. The exclusion grade was calculated by
- adding the rate for out-of-school suspension to the rate for expulsions and assigning a grade from zero to 100. The lower the rate of suspension/ expulsions the higher the grade.
- subtracting a penalty for the rate of exclusion for preschool to 3rd grade. The penalty was 1 point for every exclusion for preschool and kindergarden ann 1 point for every 3 exclusion per 100 for 1st grade through 3rd grade
- subtracting a penalty for the rate of exclusion for 7th grade through 9th grade. The penalty was 1 point for every 5 exclusions.
Because of the penalty it is possible for a school district to have an exclusion grade well below "0."
In the Exclusion grade,there were 1067 school districts,
- 624 (58.5%) were Public Schools
- 394 (36.9%) were Charter Schools; and
- 49 ( 4.6%) were Joint Vocational School.
- no non-public school was included in the analysis.
The average grade was 51.7. The median grade was 72.5. The actual maximum grade was 100. The actual minimum grade was -274.7.
|Number of districts||Minimum||Maximum||Mean||Median|
- Next >>